Sunday, September 30, 2012

Why I Will Never Choose to Fly on American Airlines

When my husband told me we were going to be flying to Ohio, I remember the excitement. When he said we were going to fly with American Airlines, I knew there would be trouble.

Owen booked our flight about 2 months prior. He knew he was going to have to go to Dallas for a business trip and scheduled our flight so that we could all fly together (at least up to Dallas). There are no direct flights from Orange County to Dayton, Ohio. So the best choice was American Airlines at 7:30 in the morning.

A week before our flight, American Airlines changed my husband's seat and put him in a center seat on a different flight. What?! He was livid.

After a long conversation with customer service from American Airlines, my husband managed to get the whole family on the flight in first class. So the flight to Dallas went great.

From Dallas, we were to get on a smaller plane to fly to Dayton. We got into the plane on time, but just as we were about to take off, an announcement was made saying there was something wrong with one of the plane's lights. No other explanation but that. To make the story short, we ended up waiting a good 2 and half hours inside the plane with Oli on my lap the whole time. Of course we didn't get the privilege of a first class seat so it was quite cramped and miserable.

Yes, it WAS miserable with a cranky toddler who just can't understand why he has to sit still for over 4 hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment