Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Daddy's Got the Bug

I think I just saw my life in forward mode. Owen came home early as he said he was feeling a bit ill. As soon as he came into the house, he said "hello," took off his clothes, and jumped straight into bed.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, my stomach is not feeling too good right now. I think I'm really sick."

He went right to sleep and after about an hour, I heard some horrible noise coming from our bathroom. I thought he had been exaggerating his vomit noise a bit or even trying to be funny, but I thought I'd just check anyway.

I held Oli in my arms and walked over to see what was happening.

Owen was lying in the corner of the bathroom with his eyes rolled all the way back so that I could only see the white part of his eyeballs and vomit all over his mouth.

"Babe!" I yelled.

No response.

"Babe!" I started to freak out.

A small mumble, but not much of a reply.

"I'm calling the ambulance!" I ran into the living room and strapped Oli into his high chair so that he wouldn't try to follow me. Then I ran into the front room to grab the phone and ran back to Owen.

"Babe!" I cried again and this time he slowly responded, "what? what's happening?"

"Babe, are you ok? Please let me know what you're feeling. Do I need to call the ambulance? We need to go to the doctor."

"What? Why are you yelling? What's happening?"

"You're really sick. You fell over. Come on let's get up."

I felt as though I had just seen Owen as a senior citizen, unable to move with vomit all over him. Oh my gosh! What would I do if something happened to him? He is so much of my life. I can't be without him. I just felt like my life flashed before my eyes! I love this man to death! I cannot even imagine losing him and that sight just scared me to death! Oh my gosh! I feel freaked out just writing this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment